1. Donor Information Collected by THF: As part of making a donation to THF, the organization routinely collects the following personal information from donors: (a) full name; (b) e-mail address; (c) phone number; (d) street address; (e) city and state; (f) zip code; and (g) credit card information, if that is the chosen method of payment.
2. Use of Donor Information: THF will use the donor’s information for the following purposes: to distribute receipts for donations; to thank donors for their generosity; for internal analysis and record keeping; and for reporting to the appropriate federal and state agencies (such reports may be available for public inspection).THF may add a donor’s information to THF’s donor list and database, so the donor can be contacted about other THF activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns. THF will never sell, trade, or rent any of a donor’s information to any other person or organization, for any purpose, except with the donor’s specific permission or as required by applicable law. Furthermore, THF will never use a telemarketer or third-party vendor to solicit donations.
3. Use of Third-Party Vendors: THF uses third-party vendors to facilitate its fundraising activities and campaigns and to process credit card transactions. Any donor information provided to these third-party vendors is done on a strictly confidential basis and will only be used by the vendor for a specific, designated purpose. THF will never sell, trade, or rent any of a donor’s information to any other person or organization, for any purpose, except with the donor’s specific permission or as required by applicable law.
4. Protection of Donor’s Personal Information: All access to donor information is strictly limited to THF employees, and such employees are only given access to the information by the CEO, Executive Director, or Board President. THF uses an accredited online payment processing vendor who transfers donor information to its secure server using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Unless requested by the donor for the purpose of processing recurring donations, THF does not store, nor does it have access to, donor credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to the online payment processing vendor.
5. Unsubscribing and Contacting THF. If the donor has any questions about this policy or if the donor wishes to be removed from THF’s donor lists and databases, please email the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.