NOW HIRING: Director of Virtual Program Delivery
SEND RESUMES AND COVER LETTER TO: Joe Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Director of Virtual Programs
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Vice President of Operations
Department: Virtual Programs, San Diego
Date Prepared: June 22, 2018
The Director of Virtual Programs is responsible for The Honor Foundation (THF) Career Transition Institute Virtual Programs. Major responsibilities for this position include:
- (50%) Coordinating with the Vice President of Operations for all recruitment responsibilities, operational, and delivery aspects and data collection of assigned programs and events including:
- THF Career Transition Institute Virtual Programs
- THF Virtual Information Sessions
- THF Virtual Cohort Recruitment efforts
- THF Virtual Special Events
- (20%) Coordinating with the VirBELA development team to ensure a seamless Virtual environment for our Virtual Fellows to attend class. The intent is for the Virtual classroom to mimic a live classroom to the maximum extent possible.
- (20%) Managing communications, facilitating connectivity, and maintaining close working relationships with three of THF’s main Tribes:
- THF Fellows and Alumni
- THF Executive Coaches
- THF Faculty / Speakers
- (10%) Coordinating with the Director of People for job placement support including:
- Identifying THF Fellow geographic and industry / industry function preferences.
- Promotion and cross-selling of THF programs and events.
Other important relationships that will require the attention and frequent interaction from our Director of Virtual Programs are THF mentors, executive sponsors, employer partners, and university/college campus staff through continual contact both in person and via email and/or telephone.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits year-round to fill all THF Virtual cohorts. Significant effort is required in the recruiting process and the Director of Virtual Programs must leverage THF Staff, THF partners (including the Navy SEAL Foundation), THF Alumni, and their own contacts to maintain a consistent recruiting funnel.
- Establish key on-base relationships with the Special Operations Forces community in order to make the community aware of the program.
- Maintain Salesforce and the THF LMS/Dashboard in order to create an accurate recruiting picture. Just as in the classroom, high-touch is key to recruiting efforts. Experience has shown that frequent direct contact and follow-up is required to fill each cohort and significant time is required to reach recruiting goals.
- Responsible for providing a world-class Virtual educational experience for THF Virtual Fellows. From recruiting, to indoctrination, through three program phases, all the way to graduation, the Director of Virtual Programs creates a high touch, high-value experience for the Virtual Fellows, Coaches, faculty, speakers, and guests. Ensures effective facilitation and delivery on all operational aspects of assigned Virtual Programs or other events in collaboration with the Vice President of Operations, THF Staff, Fellows, faculty/staff, mentors, coaches, and university/college facilities.
- Responsible for working directly with the VirBELA development team to continually improve the Virtual classroom environment. Through observation in the Virtual classroom and listening to feedback from faculty and Fellows, the Director of Virtual Programs will strive to translate his/her observations and customer feedback to the VirBELA development team in order to ensure the Virtual classroom mimics a live classroom to the maximum extent possible.
- Continually monitor the online executive education market to identify the latest trends and technology and work with the VirBELA development team to incorporate best practices and leading-edge technology into the Virtual classroom.
- Effectively utilizes the Coaching Tribe to achieve Virtual Program objectives. The Director of Virtual Programs is responsible for recruiting, indoctrinating, training, routinely coordinating, and providing feedback to coaches in order to provide exponential value added to the Virtual Fellows program experience.
- Actively participate in Virtual Program planning meetings as well as post-program debrief meetings for THF Virtual Programs. Develops the class schedule and operational plan for Virtual Program delivery, maintaining complete files on all virtual Program data, to insure smooth delivery of future Virtual Program offerings and also update schedule on a regular basis when changes are made.
- Responsible for and manages pre and post course communications with the Virtual Fellows. This includes preparation of welcome letters, logistics information, assessments, attendance verifications, ensuring all teaching materials and other logistic information is posted on a timely basis, both pre and post program. The Virtual Program Director also manages the assignment of wi-fi access for Fellows, faculty/speakers, and coaches for each program.
- Manages the evaluation process and tracks follow-up items; proposes solutions and/or improvements to the Vice President of Operations and THF staff regarding long-term program needs.
- In partnership with the Vice President of Operations, supports efforts to expand and further identify potential Virtual Fellows, faculty/speakers, mentors and coaches. This involves research into universities, companies, industries, local academic and business leaders, as well as latest trends in online executive education.
- Manages the Virtual Program budget for the Virtual Program delivery that balances the goal of providing exceptional customer service within prescribed cost parameters. Budget items include Virtual Program teaching materials, food, administrative/office supplies and special events. The position negotiates with third-party vendors of these services and prepares invoices as required.
- In partnership with the Director of People, supports efforts to find meaningful employment for THF Fellows by identifying Fellow geographic and job preferences.
- Serve as the secondary contact for organizational partners. Respond independently to questions from sponsors and participants.
- Perform special tasks as required.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- At least seven to ten years of business or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience in talent development/training. Experience in a virtual or online training environment preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in talent recruitment preferred.
- Experience in event planning and facilitation preferred.
- Experience with Apple and Google software, database and internet applications required.
- Position does not have any positions reporting to him/her.
- Thorough understanding of THF course offerings and the ability to convey the information to potential Fellows and Tribes fluently.
- Familiar with the THF mission, vision, goals, values and guiding principles.
- Working knowledge of use of office machinery.
- Expertise in the use of multiple computer software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Docs.
- Preferred to have experience with SalesForce, Slack, Yesware, Expensify, and other THF utilized software/apps.
- Preferred to have experience in virtual or online executive education platforms.
- Primary contact for THF Virtual Fellows.
- Works directly with THF staff and university/college partners in order to plan, promote and execute events.
- Networking within the local business community to develop relationships leading to Executive Coaches, Faculty and Speakers, Executive Sponsors, Employer Partners, and Mentors
- Contact with outside vendors for: off-site meals, photographers, shipping, supplies, framing/certificate preparation, transportation, travel, tours, entertainment, and services purchased or organized through THF.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a small team environment.
- Strong customer and service focus.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and maintain a professional demeanor; good judgment; be culturally sensitive.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The incumbent is required to keep up to date with software programs relevant to position including new educational developments, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, outside service providers, program participants, and general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions.
- Fast-paced environment. Adaptability and agility required.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity using computer keyboard. May be required to lift and transport materials up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Extensive evening, weekend work and travel often required.