NOW HIRING: Director of People (THFv)
The Honor Foundation (THF) THF is a unique transition institute created exclusively for members of the U.S. Special Operations Community. We provide a clear process for professional development and a diverse ecosystem of world class support and technology. Every step is dedicated to preparing these outstanding men and women to continue to realize their maximum potential during and after their service career. Often underutilized in the private sector of business and entrepreneurship, our programs allow industry to effectively deploy this incredible talent pool.
Director of People, Virtual (THFv) Campus (Located in Fayetteville, NC)
We are in search of a Director of People to serve The Honor Foundation at a local campus. This role will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of THF’s world-class career transition program for our Nation’s most elite warfighters. The Director of People is responsible for the effective oversight of The Honor Foundation (THF) people strategy for the local campus. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: elevating employer on-boarding programs and pipelines; building relationships with current program participants (Fellows); planning and executing major program events involving the interaction between the Fellows and Employers; curating info sessions between Fellows and industry experts; assisting with oversight of mentor program; nurturing THF mentor, employer, and alumni tribes; collection of employer and alumni information and data; and new business collaboration, organization promotion and communication throughout the greater metropolitan area.
- (35%) Employer Relationships
Our Director of People (DoP) will be entrusted with some of THF’s largest and most strategic customers, working with key stakeholders across the Employer Tribe and at all levels. The DoP is part project manager, client manager, customer success agent, business consultant and THF product / pipeline expert.
- (35%) Fellow/Alumni Transition and Career Development
A major area of responsibility for our DoP is helping THF Fellows structure their transition checklist and manage pre-program and post-program deliverables, milestones, relationships, outcomes and expectations. Our DoP will help Fellows develop short, mid, and long-term transition management strategies that maximizes their potential to discover individual fulfillment (job; education; sabbatical; retirement).
- (20%) THF Program and Alumni Event Planning
Manages THF Alumni engagement marketing efforts on behalf of THF and serves as our Alumni representative for public and social events. Our DoP will work closely with the Impact Team throughout the development of all VIP social and program events such as Treks, Networking Events and Professional and Alumni Panels.
- (10%) Special Projects & Data Management
Our data illustrates the impact our program is making on the community we serve. We look to the People Team to manage these processes alongside our Operations team with oversight/reporting going directly to the CEO.
WHAT THF EXPECTS:
Drive Value for All Key THF Stakeholders:
- Be an expert on best practices in change management
- Lead cross-functionally across teams to ultimately drive customer success and fulfillment
- Find ways for THF Mentors to deeply understand our Fellows objectives and become a trusted right-hand advisor for our DoP and our Fellows
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered throughout our talent pipeline
- Define and optimize the journey and pipeline of THF for both Fellows and Employers
- Align all objectives and key results with the leadership Vision of The Honor Foundation
- Standardize a template for our Success Plan not only for THF Fellows but also THF Employers
- Define and oversee lifecycle processes/touch points, including Mentorship program, Employer Partnership process and others
- Manages THF Alumni engagement
- Manages Program and Alumni Social Events to include Treks, Networking, Graduations, etc.
- Collect and maintain all THF Alumni data and reporting for local campus
- Partners with Director of Programs to ensure each cohort program is properly planned for and executed
- Other duties to support local campus and THF Program and Fundraising efforts as assigned
- Ability to shamelessly network and serve on behalf of our Mission, Fellows, and THF anywhere, anytime
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, faculty, program participants, board members, external partners and donors; good judgement
- Expert level written and verbal professional communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Professionally mature in times of conflict; culturally and emotionally sensitive
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independent of support
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of Team and stakeholder service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities to propose alternative solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting senior leadership activities (preferably in a fast paced for-profit environment)
- 2-3 years experience in talent acquisition, career services or leadership development strongly preferred
- Experience in partnership development and meaningful relationship building required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, all Google products (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, etc), Social Media and Salesforce experience strongly preferred
If you are willing to work hard, play hard, check your ego at the door and operate as one team, we’d love for you to join our Team!
All interested candidates: please email resume to Lindsay Cashin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.