NOW HIRING: Director of People (San Diego)
The Honor Foundation (THF) THF is a unique transition institute exclusively for U.S. Special Operations Community members to translate their elite military service to the private sector and develop the next generation of corporate and community leaders.
The Honor Foundation provides professional development and world-class support dedicated to preparing these outstanding men and women to continue to realize their maximum potential after their military service career. Often underutilized in the private sector of business and entrepreneurship, our programs allow the civilian workplace to deploy this incredible talent pool more effectively.
Job Title: Director of People
Full-time/ Part-time: Full-time
Supervisor: VP of People
Location: San Diego, CA
Date Prepared: 12/17/2020
The Honor Foundation is searching for a dynamic individual to fill the full-time role of Director of People (DoP) at our local San Diego, CA campus.
The Director of People will report to the Vice President of People and will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of THF’s world-class career transition program for our Nation’s most elite warfighters and is the effective oversight of THF’s People Team strategy for the local campus. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, developing strategic partnerships with employers and individual volunteers both locally and nationwide, planning and executing major program events involving the interaction between the program participants (Fellows and Alumni) and employers and volunteers, and fostering positive relationships with program participants to ensure effective application of program curriculum and deliverables are achieved.
Serving one of the most elite communities in the world requires an equally select group of people. You will join an experienced team dedicated to creating an impact for the Special Operations community.
- (35%) Strategic Employer and Volunteer Relationships
You will be entrusted with some of THF’s largest and most strategic Employer Partners and Volunteer points of contact, serving as a blended project manager, client manager, customer engagement and success agent, business consultant and THF product / pipeline expert. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered throughout our talent pipeline
- Identify and execute on opportunities to expand new networks and volunteers within various industries, roles and geographical regions of interest to our program participants
- Liaise between THF’s. Impact and Marketing teams
- (35%) Fellow/Alumni Transition and Career Development
You will strategically and methodically guide the program participants to structure their program and post-program deliverables, milestones, networking relationships, outcomes and expectations through direct coaching sessions. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and tailor short, mid, and long-term transition management strategies that maximizes their potential to discover individual fulfillment (employment, education, sabbatical, retirement)
- Serving as a trusted right-hand advisor while building bridges to industry experts and mentors for value-added knowledge and insight
- (20%) THF Program Event Planning
You will be responsible for the complete interaction of the corporate landscape and industry with the Program. This includes organizing and leading the execution of events such as Mock Interviews, Professional and Entrepreneur Panels, TREKs, curated pre-classroom instruction information sessions, and Networking events. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating compelling events for all stakeholders and audiences, ensuring clear and effective communication and planning for all
- Nurturing strategic partnerships while fostering new and impactful relationships to achieve THF awareness
- (5%) Alumni Event and Engagement Planning
You will be responsible for managing THF Alumni engagements. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as our Alumni representative for public and social events.
- Maintaining alumni engagement via various communication methods
- Collecting and accurately recording local Alumni fulfillment data for reporting
- Collaborating closely with the Impact Team throughout the development of all VIP social and program events to support and develop fundraising efforts
- (5%) Special Projects & Data Management
Our data illustrates the impact our program is making on the community we serve.
Additionally, other duties may be assigned to support the local THF campus, the THF Program, the THF fundraising efforts.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail demonstrating the highest level of team and stakeholder service and
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication skills utilized to build trusting relationships with stakeholders, including program participants, staff, faculty, volunteers, board members, external employer partners and donors
- Expert level written professional communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with sound decision-making capability
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities to propose alternative solutions
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independent of support
- Extensive knowledge of the SOF community is strongly preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience required
- 5 to 10 years of human resources, talent acquisition, talent management, or career services experience supporting senior leadership activities (preferably in a fast-paced for-profit environment)
- 2-3 years’ experience in leadership development strongly preferred
- Experience in partnership development required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, all Google products (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, etc.), Salesforce and Social Media experience strongly preferred
- Face-paced, start-up environment
- Evening work is required
- Internet capabilities required
This position requires sitting and standing associated with a typical office environment as well as web meetings. Manual dexterity using a computer keyboard. May be required to lift and transport materials up to 50 pounds in weight.
All interested candidates: please email resume to Lindsay Cashin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.