Job Title: Program Coordinator
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Programs, SD Campus
Department: San Diego
Date Prepared: 4/6/18
For Inquiries Please Contact: Joe Lara, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Coordinator works closely with the Director of Program Delivery for The Honor Foundation (THF) Career Transition Institute programs delivered at the THF San Diego, CA location. Major responsibilities for this aspect of the position include:
(70%) Coordinating with the Director of Program Delivery for all operational and delivery aspects and data collection of assigned San Diego programs and events including:
THF Career Transition Institute Programs
THF Information Sessions
THF Special Events
(20%) Managing communications, facilitating connectivity, and maintaining close working relationships through continual contact both in person and via email and/or telephone:
THF’s Fellows & Alumni
NSW Spouse network
(10%) Coordinating with the Director of People for logistics related aspects of West Coast THF Career Transition Institute Program networking events networking events and alumni treks.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Director, Program Delivery with administration and logistics of THF Career Transition Institute Program with the goal of providing extraordinary customer service.
- Actively participates in THF Career Transition Institute Program planning meetings, as well as post-program, debrief meetings.
- Serves as the point of contact with potential Fellows during their application process to resolve any application issues and answer application questions.
- Assists the Director, Program Delivery in managing course communications with Fellows prior to, during, and post THF Career Transition Institute Program.
- Prepares welcome letters, logistics information, assessments and attendance verification for all Fellows
- Manages the assignment of wi-fi access for Fellows, faculty/speakers, and coaches for each program.
- Maintains currency of THF Career Transition Institute Program calendar including Zoom invites for Fellows as required.
- Coordinates with faculty to confirm schedule, classroom requirements, and materials no later than one week prior to class.
- Assists the Director, Program Delivery in maintaining the THF Career Transition Institute Program – San Diego budget.
- Coordinates with the Director, Program Delivery on class logistics requirements:
- Orders all class materials
- Orders office supplies and materials
- Coordinates catering
- Coordinates childcare if required
- Ensures all class materials, videos and other logistic information is posted on a timely basis to the THF Dashboard or THF YouTube channel (video only), both pre and post-program.
- Provides logistics support to the Director of People for all West Coast networking events and treks.
- Participates in key West Coast activities (meals, classes, networking events, treks, etc.) to enhance communications, provide support and address issues as they arise.
- Process all payments-invoicing from faculty, program cost, and travel.
- Updates SalesForce as required.
- Perform special tasks as required.
- High School Diploma required; 2-year degree preferred
- Experience with general administration and logistics support.
- Experience in event planning and facilitation preferred.
- Experience with Apple & Google software, database and internet applications required.
- Position does not have any positions reporting to him/her.
- Thorough understanding of THF course offerings and the ability to convey the information to Fellows.
- Familiar with the THF mission, vision, goals, values and guiding principles.
- Working knowledge of use of office machinery.
- Expertise in the use of multiple computer software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Docs.
- Preferred to have experience with SalesForce, Slack, Zoom, Yesware, Expensify, and other THF utilized software/apps.
- Primary contact for THF Fellows regarding attendance and program schedule.
- Works directly with THF staff in order to plan, promote and execute events.
- Contact with outside vendors for: off-site meals, photographers, shipping, supplies, framing/certificate preparation, transportation, travel, tours, entertainment, and services purchased or organized through THF.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a small team environment.
- Strong customer and service focus.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and maintain a professional demeanor; good judgment; be culturally sensitive.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The incumbent is required to keep up to date with software programs relevant to position.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, outside service providers, program participants, and general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions.
- Fast-paced environment. Adaptability and agility required.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity using computer keyboard. May be required to lift and transport materials up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Extensive evening, weekend work and travel often required.